This half day course is comprised of interactive training designed to give the attendee an understanding of the new OSHA Hazard Communications Standard. Attendees will be presented with the knowledge and information needed to properly implement a hazard communication program in the workplace. Discussions will include the recent changes made to the OSHA Standard along with the key dates for training and enforcement. For more information, click here to download the December 1, 2013 Training Fact Sheet.
This course is suitable for HR staff, safety directors and other management personnel that want to learn how to implement an effective hazard communication plan.
Participants will learn:
- How to write a compliance plan for the workplace
- What is actually required at the worksite and at the business office
- How to develop and deliver an effective training program for employees
- The new Globally Harmonized System (GHS) of classification and labeling
- The new Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- What's required on a Chemical List
- Secondary container requirements
- What are the key dates for training and enforcement
Attendees will receive continuing education credits (4.0 PDH's), informational handouts and checklists, a sample chemical list, a sample compliance plan, electronic copies of supporting documents and much more.
- Prerequisites - None
- Materials - All materials for this course are included in the enrolment fee and distributed on the first day of class
- Continuing Education - 0.4 CEU's
- Course Flyer